Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Nagashima Marugoto Fair

Edit: I'd made a mistake. The fair was for products in Nagashima, an area within Kagoshima Prefecture, not Nagasaki.



There's another "Marugoto" fair running at Amu Plaza, this one to promote products from Nagashima. They have a poster advertising a flower festival, and maps showing how to get there from Kagoshima City. I assume there's a tour bus running there, but I don't know the details.



Anyway, this fair is running from the 24th to the 26th, putting it right in the middle of the week, so there weren't that many visitors when I got up there Wednesday afternoon. The primary focus is on Nagashima-made shochu, and the table in the middle here was apparently giving away free cocktails. Right after I got here to take the photo, 10 people immediately lined up, and I figured it wasn't worth hanging around just to get one free drink. Then again, I still had to teach another class a few hours later, and I didn't want to do that drunk.



They have an event stage, but the schedule only listed promotions of the product shops (snacks, tea, local foods). I like the backdrop, though. It's in keeping with the flower festival idea.

No comments: